Monday 18 February 2013

24th January theatre lesson

To start the lesson off we found a space in the room, closed our eyes and got into the character. We were told to change our physicality, the way we stood, our posture, the way we hung our heads all to become our character I found this useful as it really helped me become the Mother.

I discovered that she was quite a busy woman, quite tall and proud, although had that gentile quality about her. Her main physicality was the way she would fiddle with her hands and touch her neck this showed her vulnerability.

We then had to walk around with the other people who shared our role and discuss the habits and characteristics of our character. I learnt that Leanne and I thought the same about the Mothers character and that she was confident and strong yet had that gentile side and vulnerability about her.

We played a game of stuck in the mud were we had to hop instead of walk, crawl and gallop this made me more focused. I learnt that although a simple game like stuck in mud may be seen as a but of fun and a game it is very useful as it helps focus your mind and makes you think More on your feet, an excellent game to get you ready for rehearsals.

No comments:

Post a Comment